dog blog

Unorthodogs Flyball Club, Seattle WA

This is our training blog - if you have any questions or concerns or ideas you want to share, please feel free to comment within the comment sections under each article.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Stampede Qualifier in Utah

Last weekend Nicole and I (Kristie) went to Hurricane Utah for the Stampede Ufli Western Qualifier. I ran a dog and Nicole box loaded for Sure Shot's qualifier team. Nicole also handled a dog for a pick-up team. Sushi ran singles for the first time and got a lot of tournament experience warming up with River City Flyers. Congratulations to Sure Shots for qualifying for nationals in Mesquite Texas in November with a fast time of 16.188. It was amazing to be running on a team that goes that fast.

The 2nd race of the day we watched Touch n Go break the Ufli record with a 15.321 - wow that was incredible!! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera on for that particular race but I did record some other TnG races - they are amazing to see. There were some excellent fast teams and lots of amazing dogs. We had a great time and both Nicole and I came away bruised and battered and so happy to have the experience. We hope that next year our little club will have grown enough to make a trip like that and qualify ourselves. I'm posting more pictures of the trip in the gallery section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RSS Feed is HERE!